Singleton Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Singleton Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing singleton.town for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Singleton for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Singleton?
Singleton Galleries and Museums
Galleries, Museums and Historical Venues in Singleton, NSW
Singleton is a town located in the Hunter Region of New South Wales, Australia. It is known for its rich history and cultural heritage. There are several galleries, museums and historical venues in and around Singleton. In this article, we will categorise, list and describe each site, along with its location details.
1. Muswellbrook Regional Arts Centre: The Muswellbrook Regional Arts Centre is located in Muswellbrook, which is approximately 20 km south of Singleton. The gallery showcases contemporary and traditional art from emerging and established artists. It includes a collection of paintings, sculptures and installations.
2. The Art House: The Art House is located in Singleton and features a variety of local art, including paintings, sculptures and ceramics. The gallery also hosts regular exhibitions and workshops.
3. Stoneground Gallery: The Stoneground Gallery is situated in Wollombi, which is approximately 40 km south of Singleton. The gallery features contemporary art, including paintings, sculptures, ceramics and photography.
1. Singleton Historical Society Museum: The Singleton Historical Society Museum is located in the heart of Singleton and showcases the town's history through a collection of artefacts, photographs and documents. The museum also has a research centre that allows visitors to access historical information about the town.
2. Singleton Military Museum: The Singleton Military Museum is located on the grounds of the Singleton Army Base. The museum showcases the history of the Australian Defence Force and includes a collection of military vehicles, weapons and uniforms.
3. Bulga Coal Mine Heritage Site: The Bulga Coal Mine Heritage Site is located in the village of Bulga, which is approximately 25 km north-west of Singleton. The site showcases the history of the coal mining industry in the region and includes a collection of machinery and equipment used in mining operations.
1. Singleton Heritage Walking Trail: The Singleton Heritage Walking Trail is a self-guided tour that takes visitors through the town's historic buildings and sites. The trail includes over 60 heritage-listed buildings, including the courthouse, post office and churches.
2. St Clement's Historic Church: St Clement's Historic Church is located in the village of Wollombi, which is approximately 40 km south of Singleton. The church was built in 1840 and features a collection of stained glass windows.
3. Sacred Spaces at the Sisters of Mercy Convent: Sacred Spaces at the Sisters of Mercy Convent is located in Singleton and features a collection of historic buildings and gardens. The site includes the Convent Chapel, which dates back to 1875, and the Convent Courtyard, which features a collection of heritage roses and other plants.
Singleton and its surrounding areas are home to a range of galleries, museums and historical venues that offer an insight into the town's rich history and cultural heritage. From art galleries to heritage walking trails, there is something for everyone to explore.
Singleton Galleries and Museums Articles